Thursday 1 October 2009

Days +236, +237 ( Weds 30th, Thurs 1stOct)
First of all ‘white rabbits’ for today and then it’s another hello from our sauna. Phew!!! It’s 10.15pm on Thurs evening and it is STIFLING in here. Wish that man would get his finger off that knob.
Anyway, down to our news. Ella had a wonderful day yesterday. She was up and alert early, after what I thought was the hottest night I’ve spent for a long time. But it seemed to do Ella good, and after an early wash she was ready for the physio at 10.00am. Our little star got out at the far side of her bed and walked around to this side, to get onto the BGC. We helped and encouraged all the way of course, but we got there. She sat out all day, and was still out when Grandma and Grandad arrived later in the afternoon. By that time Ella was asleep, but she soon woke up and that started a super couple of hours. Ella wanted to go for a walk out to the shop, (with ALL of us) so off we went….Ella in the chariot, Grandma,Grandad, Mummy, Nanna and nurse Ali pushing the drips. The shop is just about big enough to fit us all in! Needless to say we came back with a bag full and a very happy Ella. Only one blip…..Ella’s lines are being naughty, so she is having to have bloods taken from a vein again, whilst they try to clear the lines. Results are ok though, and the ENT Dr is pleased with her ear. She needs it draining again later in the week.
I decided to take a trip home last night and leave Sally to it over night. My day at home has been very nice….lunch with Reg…a spot of shopping to buy Ella some new tops….and a 3hr journey back!!! More about that later.
Ella and Sally’s day has been more difficult, with Ella not feeling too good today. She told Sally quite firmly that she wanted a lie-in and she stayed asleep all morning! Ella has sat out today though, for a little while. She’s sleeping very peacefully now….stretched out and completely relaxed. Lovely! (Some of the medication she is on is very powerful stuff and ’Dr Denise’ decided at teatime to leave one particular one off, for tonight and tomorrow).
Sally and I have swapped over again tonight, because she and Rachael are taking the rest of the brood to Flamingo Land, for the weekend. That meant I needed to set off about 4.00pm. I had the journey from hell…..
I blame ‘Sally Traffic’ on the Steve Wright show BBC radio2, myself. She said there was a massive hold up on the M62 and to avoid it. Well, I and all the other motorists in the north west did just that, and we all met up at the end of the East Lancs instead!! Then I got utterly and completely lost in Manchester. Every person I asked directions of didn’t come from M’ster, and nobody was able to tell me how to get to one of the largest hospitals in the North West! There are NO road signs to tell you and as it got dark and I was passing the MEN Arena for the 5th time I was beginning to wonder if I’d ever find it. Somehow I did and I landed at 7.30pm. Which just goes to show ladies….we don’t need sat navs do we?
I’m going to finish now that I have brought you up to date. Daddy and Grandma are coming to stay Frid and Sat night, so I’ll have to update you on Sunday or Monday. I’ll be heading back to Southport tomorrow night….if I can find it.
Night night and lots of love to everyone. Thank you, as usual, for all your loving thoughts and prayers.
Ella and Annette.xx
PS Ella was sooooooo delighted and excited to get your parcel Becca. To get something through the post was just brill and to find it was bubbles!!!!! We were all allowed a blow and Ella is using them as a physio exercise too!!xx
PPS Welcome back Sam and Grace.xx
PPPS What am I going to do with myself at home alone, for two whole days?x

No comments:

Post a Comment