Monday 5 October 2009

Day +241 (Oct 5th)
Hi everyone. It’s the early hours of Monday and I’m just going to give you a ‘quicky’ to keep you up to date after the weekend.
As you know Daddy was coming on Frid for a couple of days. The hand over was smooth as ever and he was just in time to help us make pizzas with Liz. Ella was delighted and shortly after that I made an early get away to avoid the Friday traffic.
I know from speaking to Damian the next day that Ella walked out with the physio Ali, and had a comfortable night, and when Grandma arrived the following morning they were ready for a good day. I think Ella was quite sleepy, but they did manage a trip out to the shop etc. Sunday was much the same, but with more trips out. When I arrived back there was plenty of staff on and we had a walk out to the shop at tea time. ( We have discovered that the shop in the maternity hospital stays open later than the one in the children’s hospital, so that’s the one we head for now.)
As for the rest of the family……..we all had a good weekend too. The girls, and the rest of the team, froze in Flamingo Land, but had a great time nonetheless. I, in the meantime, filled my time with washing, drying, TV and meeting up with Claire ( a really good friend whom I haven’t seen for ages) which was an absolute treat, and we promised we would meet again soon.
I’m going to close now and get myself organised ready for the Monday ward round. Knowing my luck I’ll still be in my PJ’s when they appear. I’ve become a little addicted to the ‘Fairies’ game on the laptop…..it’s surprising how much time it takes up when Ella is snoozing.
So, bye for now. Lots of love from we two, and we send you our thanks, as usual, for your loving support and prayers.
Ella and Annette.xx
PS It was lovely to see friends from AMC yesterday. x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ella and all, Glad to hear that you've had a good weekend all round, lots of trips out for you Ella, a peaceful weekend for Nana with catch up time, and an action filled but cold weekend for the rest of the family. Thinking of you all as always, keep shining The Waites

    ReplyDelete