Tuesday 13 October 2009




Day +250 ( Tues 15th Oct)
Good morning and welcome back. It’s actually 5.ooam on Weds morning now, but all is still dark and it still feels like last night, if you know what I mean. I did start this last night but I only got as far as the day and date and gave up. Ella had spiked a temp so I was on cooling down duty etc. We are not allowed to have elec fans….but who needs a fan when you have 3 sheets of A4 and a Nanna to waft you?
Yesterday we woke up, after a really settled night. Ella slept for 2/3hrs at a time and I felt as though it was my birthday when I woke up. Ella didn’t want to wake up at all really, and by 10.30am Kirsty and I decided that we would be brave and face the tiger…….we had a slot to go down to OT, to do some painting at 11.30am.Ella on the other hand had different plans, and really wanted to have a duvet day. We compromised on a very short wash (no hair) and we just made it in time. Liz then had the unenviable task of persuading Ella that she did really want to paint plant pots, and not stay in bed. As you can see from the photos we managed to get it painted, between us. It was very much a team effort, although by the smile on Kirsty’s face I think she was really enjoying it. Ella is planting it up next time!
When we got back Ella flopped. She was completely ‘plum tuckered out’. Teacher Liz arrived and read a couple of stories and that was it for the next couple of hours. Because Ella had spiked a temp the usual blood samples were needed, but as usual her lines were being naughty, so along came a Dr to take a sample from her hand. ( no Dr Gorgeous today ladies. I did have my camera ready though). Why am I telling you all this?....Oh yes, Ella was allowed to choose a pressy from the pressy box, for being brave, and chose one of those ‘archaeological dig kits’. The ‘bones’ are buried in a small lump of plaster and you have to dig them out with a tiny chisel, mallet and brush. We’ve had them before actually, from the museum, so Ella knew what to do but Ali and Kirsty didn’t. It wasn’t long before Ali was into it!
During the afternoon the ‘telly lady’ did come back as she had promised, and it has been re sited facing the bed, properly! It’s quite a relief to be able take up our long cable and to put the ‘sputnik’ away. I had a bit of a fight to fit the TV from home back in its box. It was like a Chinese puzzle, but I did it AND I got the base off it too, so that will be some more clutter to take home. The new TV is almost identical to mine and I must say that the picture quality is really good. There is only one problem……ITV isn’t one of the channel choices for some reason. What we are going to do without Corrie and X Factor I don’t know. I have told her about it and she promised to ring the’ provider company’ to get that channel put back on. Apparently only one channel is supposed to have been censored…..one that the male Drs would like, she said. Mmmm. It’s another 'watch this space' situation, I think!
I’m going to finish now and get this posted. Although it’s 6.00am now there may be a chance for a few more zzzz’s?
Night night, lots of love and all our usual thanks for your loving prayers and support.
Ella and Annette.xx


PS Hope you like the photos.

5 comments:

  1. HI Ella and all, First I have to say are you doing a recipe slot, the flan looks fabulous and I want one!! I'm not surprised your Tuckered but sounds like you're being kept very busy but sounds like great fun to me! Keep going young lady. I'm sitting at home waiting for a "wasp man" to arrive to evict several thousand occupants from the summer house. I was happy to leave them for a few weeks to disappear of their own accord, that was until I realised they were attempting to overthrow the human population of Westbourne Rd! I opened the door a looked, it’s a nest the size of at least 2 large footballs, just above the outdoor toys (including Jack and Max’s bouncy castle – to be saved later!). It is very beautiful to look at a bit like toffee ripple ice cream but having looked at the internet last night I’m really worried that they may be Bee’s, they win and get to stay apparently! I should really stop surfing then I would be blissfully unaware!! Glad to hear that the TV saga is nearing it’s end and your now have one that you can see, Nanna sort them out (the TV provider not the Bee’s ) Saturday night without X Factor is not possible is it? Love and prayers as always, keep shining The Waite’s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ella,

    I love your photos, the cake castle and pots are very artistic!

    Heather had a lovely birthday, thank you all for your message. We went to Liverpool for the day; we had a Chinese for lunch (chicken and sweetcord soup, crispy duck with pancakes - yum yum - and sweet and sour chicken with rice). But I missed out on birthday cupcakes annoyingly, although I did get a gorgeous raspberry chocolate bar on my train trip back to London (they're from M&S, so so nice).

    Mum says you're not feeling too good so I'm sending you a huge get-well-soon cuddle from London.

    Take care,
    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, we're back! our computer at home is fixed- i think, for now anyway.i'm very jealous of your painting skills Ella.those pots look beautiful.unfortunately i am not very lucky with plants so i don't have a single one at home.but if i did i would want one of those!
    Grace and i are also very jealous of that fabulous flan.it looks delicious.although i haven't done any baking this week we have been blessed with rather a lot of chocolate cake (assisted by the waites)as it was Graces birthday on monday.she was poorly with a bug on the day so is hoping to come and celebrate in princess style with you this week, maybe friday.as i am sat here i am very aware of how tight my trousers are.no more choc for me!
    we do have several embarassing pictures of john playing on a hannah montana guitar.Just wait til your 18th boy!!.hope you all have a restful night.
    love,prayers and lots of hugs as always.
    sam, Grace and John.xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello again.guess what - my computer is still working:2 days in a row! It must be a record, so i just thought i would say Hi while i can.
    i hope you are having a settled day today.Did they come and fix your TV aerial? or ITV? You can't miss X Factor. JAMIE to WIN!
    I have just relegated todays uniform in favour of a clean one for tomorrows school photo :(. I thought grace could have managed the 3 days with the same jumper and skirt! never mind.
    we hope you all have a really good nights sleep.
    night God Bless.
    big hugs and kisses
    lots of love
    Sam, Grace and John.xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful dream but a reality that we spoil you through Banyuwangi Dream Land package that will take you on a beautiful dream but reality with dream land Banyuwangi Indonesia welcome visit : http://www.banyuwangidreamland.com/

    ReplyDelete